Inspired by Richard Horne´s book 101 Things to Do Before You Die (a quirky list of unusual tasks to attempt before kicking the bucket) here´s my top 10 list of things taken from book. My favorite part of the book: all the Things to Do are actually forms, when you complete a task, you fill in the details, add an Achievement Star and keep it in your wallet. How else will anyone else know about your accomplishments in case something tragic happens to you while attempting a task? Genius.
10. Write a best-seller.
Okay, so this may seem a but far fetched especially considering how hard it is to get on the coveted Best Seller lists. BUT, why shouldn´t I dream big? I´ve already accomplished being published in a national magazine (Bridal Guide Magazine July/August 2011: Star Resort) so I just gotta work a little harder to get to that obvious next step. You just watch.
9. Study the Kama Sutra & Put Theory into Practice
Time to pay the fees on my library card and find me a subject.
8. Stay in the Best Suite in a 5 Star Hotel
I´ll leave this to my future husband to do, since that might be the only time I spend that much time in a hotel room.
7. Conquer Your Fear
A confessed fear of fish in water and emetophobia (fear of vomiting). I guess it´s time to get drunk.
6. Spend Christmas on the Beach
I long to hear a Christmas carol played on a steel drum…
5. Learn to Fly a Plane
This is no childhood fantasy, I´m really serious about pursuing this. When I took that charter flight to Bocas Del Toro, my eyes were opened…
4. Complete a Coast to Coast Trip Across America
I´ve never been to the Midwest, mostly because I don´t have family there. Although I´m not exactly sure of the logistics of this trip (rental car, private car) or with who I would go with, I still want to take an extensive road trip sometime in my life.
3. Read the Greatest Books Ever Written
As subjective as this list may be, I still long to read as many classics as possible. I´ve yet to read: 1984, Animal Farm- Orwell, The Art of War- Tzu, Catch-22-Heller, The Grapes of Wrath-Steinbeck, Lord of the Flies-Golding, Pride and Prejudice-Austen, Wuthering Heights-Bronte.
2. Get a Free Upgrade on a Plane
I´m not part of any frequent flier program, I can never understand how they work. But I do long for the day I can get bumped up to first class, free of charge and just because I asked nicely.
1. Continue Your Gene Pool
What a nice way to word it. Makes having babies appealing to men.
Me: ´Let´s continue your gene pool babe´
Babe: ‘I can dig it’
Me: *Pulls out Kama Sutra book*
- Throw a Dart into a Map and Travel to Where it Lands- Indecisive about where to go? Get creative.
- Get Revenge- Sometimes we all want to put the wrongs right.
- Join the Mile High Club- To qualify one must be 1 mile into the air, or about 20 minutes into flight mode.
- Shout ´Drinks are on Me´in a Pub or Bar- Definitely not likely to happen in NYC.
Things I´ve Crossed off the List in Costa Rica:
- Live in a Place You Love
- Get a Piercing: Navel & Tragus
- Go Skinny Dipping @ Midnight: It was way after midnight, and I kept the knickers on. Can´t be exposing all the goodies.
- Confess: Secrets. Everyone has them. My confession was somewhere between bragging and embracing a part of me.