On this coming Saturday, April 21st my Big Sis will be celebrating her 30-something birthday. At a beautiful resort in Playa Bonita, Costa Rica. Without me. *sad face*
Anywho, I decided since I cannot be where she is I would send her some virtual hugs and appreciation by putting all her business on the streets. Below are some things I love to love about her, and if you know her, I’m sure you would agree. Feel free to add more things you love about MAURA (pronounced ma-oh-ra real fast!). And if you don’t know her, that’s okay, send her some wishes too! Audience participation strongly recommended.
21 Things You May Not Know About Maura:
- You’re the strongest person I know.
- Your presence and laughter lights up a room.
- You’ve been married for 4 years now.
- People can hear you coming blocks away.
- You’re not afraid to leave your comfort zone.
- You aspired to culinary arts, debt collection, and entrepreneurship before landing the right job doing something you studied: dental technician.
- You taught me how to drive. (and Chevon)
- You’re a sucker for love/comfort/acceptance.
- If someone has your loyalty, they have it for life.
- You give more thank you ask for.
- We got our ‘first jobs’ together when I was 19 and you were 26. Then we went and spent most of that money on Roca-Wear velours and Air Jordans on Jamaica Avenue.
- You make the best bread pudding.
- You can’t spell for nothing! But I still love you.
- You came from the most humble woman ever.
- You’re a hustler, baby.
- Your toes are comparable to chicken feet. But I still love you.
- When I got a boyfriend, you dated his cousin.
- You helped me and my mother’s relationship with the reflection of your own closeness with your mom.
- You love Fred Hammond.
- You drive in cars with loud music.
- You write like a leftie, but you’re a righty.
AND A BONUS….
You are the best sister/daughter/girlfriend/friend anyone could ever ask for!!
God has way more in store for you than you can imagine, I love you.