For some reason, I like 26. I won’t officially be 26 until 2:40 am on July 10th, but according to me, I’ve been 26 since last year. People don’t really ask me how old I am anymore, unless they are just getting to know me. And I never mind telling them. I’m 26. Una mujer hecha y derecha (grown woman!). Well, sort of.
Although this year has represented so much drastic changes for me; my first time dealing with the indiscriminant sucka called grief, loss of love, failure to maintain financial security, and all the remnants from all those happening within a 3 months span… I got to the point where I had to stop in my tracks and say What the hell am I doing in life?! What do I have to show for 26 years?
This is my first time (since I was 7) that I’m spending my birthday outside of the States. That means, I have to celebrate big! But before I reveal my plans, I wanted to make a list of 26 things I’m praying to become better at/improve on this year. Enjoy! Feel free to steal, add, revise, or comment on any mini-goal.
26 Things I Want To Do or Improve in 2011
- Be satisfied being single.
- Pray daily.
- Enjoy being alone with my thoughts.
- Maintain better eating habits.
- Flirt more.
- Show my body off more, while I still got it! lol
- Get back into school and envisualize my new career!
- Keep positive people around me.
- Read a new book every month.
- Connect with people in more meaningful ways. (online and off)
- Compliment women in public (Black women do more hating than complimenting!)
- Stop over-analyzing.
- Be more spontaneous.
- Take a notepad with me to most places.
- Learn how to be present in wherever I’m at.
- Be okay with leaving my cell phone at home.
- Learn a new dish from my grandmother.
- Take a solo trip.
- Smile more.
- Be more approachable.
- Listen more.
- Expand my playlist on my MP3 player.
- Don’t be afraid to voice my religious beliefs.
- Find activities that I enjoy to keep me in shape.
- Keep in touch with family members outside of FB and Twitter.
- Wear lingerie for myself!