I THINK I’M GROWN BECAUSE:
- I can tell my mom to chill out and she’s not automatically offended, or trying to smack me.
- I read Flyy Girl and The Coldest Winter Ever about 10 years ago.
- I can’t eat indiscriminately anymore, metabolism has kicked in hard!
- I don’t get ID’ed at bars, and when I do I’m flattered.
- I found a couple of gray hairs right in the front of my head.
- After the renting car abilities of 25, there’s no more cool perks to look forward to with age.
I KNOW I’M NOT GROWN BECAUSE:
- I still lie to my mother when it comes to spending the night at a guy’s house.
- Most times, I forget to brush my teeth before bed. Most adults are on top of that, right?
- I can’t watch Chucky or the Gremlins without having nightmares.
- I am still spoiled for Christmas.
- Mom still won’t tell me about issues in her life. (maybe this will never change?)
- I’m convinced being an adult is overrated, so I’d rather live somewhere in between childhood and adulthood.
Here’s to all the in-betweeners,