I know it’s not technically summer, but since classes have been over for awhile (maybe 2 or 3 weeks, who’s keeping count?) I feel that my summer is already under way.
What have I been doing besides wearing the same Interview outfit over the past couple of weeks? (in no particular order)
- Decided against straightening my hair for the summer to prevent the battle against humidity
- Fell in love all over again with blogging
- Have been blessed by God beyond belief not only to be attending my dream school for Grad Studies, but to have an awesome community of people who are supporting me along the way
- Joined some other new social site where people are signing up to meet people aka Flirt: Badoo
- Also joined LinkedIn- and cringe every time I’m notified that I’m connected to someone by e-mail
- Read Animal Farm and started 50 Shades of Grey
- Have felt like I’m loosing my religion by continuing said journey through 50 Shades of Grey and since then have not read past page 125ish
- Washing my hair almost every other day (a practice I’m not used to)
- Acting kinda skankish
- Responsibly gotten my mid-yearly Status check-up
- Adopted a little sister of sorts
- Have lamented over countless hours behind my computer screen
- Experimented painting my nails in some funky summer colors
- Have contemplated doing my follow up vlog to Rejection…
- Have suffocated on humid nights trying to sleep in a room that gets no outside ventilation
- Fallen asleep late night next to my bed buddy aka my laptop
- Pondered over paying any mind to the new season of Love and Hip & Hop: Atlanta
- Found out about the political climate in certain states while performing telephone surveys- my unofficial ‘job’ of the moment
- Have set intentions to start reviewing my coursework/start refreshing my memory before Grad school begins
- Am contemplating having a quiet birthday, although I’d rather be spoiled.
As you can see, my summer so far has been filled with all kinds of trivialities. I can’t say that I want it any other way right now.
What are some habits/plans of yours that mark the official beginning of summer?