- Thou shall have patience in abundance. Especially on the phone and dealing with arrogant a**holes that believe their call stops everyone’s world.
- Thou shall not chew or click and clack gum; use silent mints instead.
- Thou shall not consume excessive liquids as relieving yourself is only allowed once every 4 hours.
- Thou shall keep a hand-mirror handy to check teeth status/coverage after meal and/or snacks.
- Thou shall unnaturally greet and smile exuberantly, but especially those employees that avoid eye contact.
- Thou shall always look busy behind your desk, most especially when the boss passes by.
And most importantly:
7. Thou shall not pass gas while thinking the coast is clear; the parameters are never to be guaranteed solitary.
What are some receptionist practices that irk your nerves?
PS- Guess who got a joby-job?!