- Thou shall have patience in abundance. Especially on the phone and dealing with arrogant a**holes that believe their call stops everyone’s world.
- Thou shall not chew or click and clack gum; use silent mints instead.
- Thou shall not consume excessive liquids as relieving yourself is only allowed once every 4 hours.
- Thou shall keep a hand-mirror handy to check teeth status/coverage after meal and/or snacks.
- Thou shall unnaturally greet and smile exuberantly, but especially those employees that avoid eye contact.
- Thou shall always look busy behind your desk, most especially when the boss passes by.
And most importantly:
7. Thou shall not pass gas while thinking the coast is clear; the parameters are never to be guaranteed solitary.
What are some receptionist practices that irk your nerves?
PS- Guess who got a joby-job?!
5 thoughts on “Receptionist Commandments”
Yea! Congratulations! ***Pops cork on champagne*** I’m very happy for you. I knew someone would recognize your brilliance sooner than later. 🙂
(In my Tasha from Everybody Hates Chris Voice) You so crazy.
I don’t have a receptionist practice that annoys me but I have an employee practice that does. I had a receptionist job at a radio station for a minute. And the most annoying thing was people that worked there coming to hang out with me in the reception area. One would come and leave and then another would show up and I never got any moments to just sit there and read my magazines! People think because you’re the receptionist that you aren’t really doing anything and so it’s okay to hang out.
lol. You were popular! And you’re right, most of the time I think receptionists try to look busier than they are…
Congratulations on the new job! Yay you!
When I used to be a receptionist, I hated that everyone came to me whenever the printer/copier was acting up. Just because I sat somewhat close to it, didn’t mean I was some kind of a copier whisperer. I wouldn’t do anything different to try to get it to work than they would. Ugh.
lol. I know exactly what you mean. Some people just don’t like trying to fix things themselves and they think since they are above you- it’s your job to do it.
[…] I’m Working For Money. This summer, I’m finding time to get me a paying job (already secured one) before the fall begins again. Not only is the loan money dwindling, but I’m also taking an online class that I had to pay out of pocket. I will be plenty busy this summer, just like this time last year. Hustla, baby. […]