- The generosity of strangers
- Apartment hunting from a distance
- Jill Scott’s lyrics where she reiterates ideas by changing the word order.
- Reiterated message of ‘Write a book!’ Topic/Title still unknown.
- Pitbull’s life motto seems to be the word “DALE!”
- Childhood Nostalgia. ie: this song
- Finding and watching old home videos or photos
- Facial piercings I see with no rhyme or reason. Recently I’ve seen an earring where dimples rest and piercings on cheekbones, among other places.
- In 4 weeks, my life as usual will change. Change my life as usual in 4 weeks.
- Should every writer attempt to write a book?
- The more social media I use the more socially-deprived I feel.
- Unexpected chemistry.
- My love affair with the high bun.
- My mother is the Hallmark Queen. A rare breed.
- Wearing other people’s shoes or raiding other people’s closets.
- End of time dancers in this video. I love men that look super masculine dancing!!! Check out the white boy in the second row tho!!
- How my smart phone has replaced my book reading time.
- Girl crush on Alexandra Joner from J. Coles ‘In the Morning’ video (see first picture)
- Miguel station on Pandora playing very sensual songs.
- Camera phone lets me capture every moment in a flash!!
- Savoring NYC sights and window displays.
What’s rocking your summer right now?!!
4 thoughts on “Things that Are Rocking My World”
1: Love the curls!
2: I want to dance like that one day!
3: Hallmark cards are still the best!
4: 4 weeks is too soon!
5: Aparments are like diamonds in the rough – good luck!
6: Rocking my world right now (in no particular order): Kinship CD, Spin Class, TOMS, Doctors (real doctors, not the show), LIFE, my in between hair – not so short yet not long…, LIFE
Wishes do come true! Thanks for leaving Lurkerdom behind, I hope others follow in your footsteps (*ahem* *ahem* That means YOU!).
1. Thanks, I love the curls too- but they take so much maintenance.
2. I dance like that in my head.
3. Cards and handwriting are surely becoming obsolete, I’m glad to still raid cards for checks. 🙂
5. *double sigh* …but I have FAITH!
6. Kinship- the married couple? TOMS- I can’t afford them. lol
How about books?! Did you jump on the 50 Shades bandwagon? I started to, but it’s just not keeping my attention.
Lurkerdom gone! – I raid cards too – but I was upset to see that new CHASE commercial where the young African American kid off to college opens a card from his lovely grandma and was upset there was no check or cash until she “eyed” him to look at his phone – I mean c’mon! Sweet card from Grandma should have been enough! My handrwiting is degenerating – whenever I try and write normal it feels foreign to me. *Double sigh” just means the right thing is still out there for you – keeeeep looking and make sure it has enough space for AMP to come and visit lol. Kinship is this new worship cd I got from a guest worshipper at VONB.
Books; I did jump on the bandwagon – I raced through them but felt they were ultimately a bunch of pooey. Don’t waste your time! I am reading “A Wedding in Haiti” by Julia Alvarez and “Come on People: The Path from Victims to Victors” by Bill Cosby. Also finishing the Game of Thrones series (yes still – it has been almost a year – sheesh)
[…] June 2012 (New York City, summer) Read my Summer shenanigans post! […]