Although I lived in New York City for a long time, I was never really into the party scene and eventually celebrity sightings on sidewalks became pretty common. Well not super common, but some celebrities have an easier job of blending in in a City of 19 million people. I’ve been to a couple of concerts (Mary J. Blige, Maxwell and Alicia Keys where we had the opportunity to see Beyonce and Jay-Z bless the stage as well) and had the opportunity to even run into Don Cheadle at John F. Kennedy Airport one time.
Thanks to Pandora, I’ve recently become smitten with R&B artist Miguel. Here’s some fun facts about him:
- His real name is Miguel Jontel Pimentel.
- He was born on October 23, 1986. That makes him soon to be 26.
- His new album Kaleidoscope Dream is set to be released tomorrow! (Oct 2nd)
- Many of you may already be familiar with the first single from the album, Adorn.
- He was born in the San Pedro neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
- He was born to a Mexican father and Black mother.
- Signed to Jive Records in 2007.
- He’s super short! (My estimate says no taller than 5’5)
- He has the most beautiful smile ever!
One of my favorite songs from his first album:
When I realized he was performing at the Howard Theater, it was too late to purchase tickets. That Wednesday night, I got word from his Twitter account (@MiguelUnlimited) that he would be attending an after party at Josephine’s…so on a mission I went.
Tweets of the night:
Mid week spontaneity. Yes!!!
11:29 PM – 26 Sep 12
And so the adventure begins…
12:29 AM – 27 Sep 12
The man didn’t end up showing up until 1:20AM… about 40 minutes before the place closed.
I was still content with video of him at the DJ Booth.
But the highlight of the week was probably the fact that we got a chance to meet him outside the place, unintentionally. He blessed us with a picture.