I can’t believe summer is here again…….. WHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaT!
How are you enjoying yours so far?
My 1st year of graduate school is over and here I am, embarking on a summer that is finally mine to claim!
So much has happened between May and today (end of June!) and I’ve just not had time to gather myself and breathe. I promise to get the following posts out as soon as I can!
- The last leg of trip to Haiti (Haiti Part Dos, if you will)
- Vlog from Haiti
- Things I don’t want to forget about Haiti
- My end of the semester recap (Vlog)
- Seven Ten (another year older!)
In the meantime, here’s what’s rocking my world.
- A strictly online Earth Science course (needed for my undergrad pre-req’s). This class is just relentless. We have on average 3 assignments due weekly. This is what basically happens: professor posts mini-lectures online (READ: blog posts about X topic) and we have reading assignments, discussion assignments, writing assignments and lab work. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Roommate search is in preliminary stages. I have put some ads out online, showings and “interviews” will be conducted in July. #funtimes
- I am working in food service again. Not exactly how I imagined spending my summer, but actually, the company I am working for operates a bit differently than I expected. The best way I can describe them is the anti-chain chain. Surprisingly, I expect it to be a great experience as a weekend job.
- Planning a graduation trip to Caribana 2014 (North America’s largest Caribbean carnival)! I plan to GET ON BAD playing MAS for the first time in life. YAY Toronto!
- Feel like the next 2 months are going to consume me with work, I just want to make sure I’m saving all I’m getting!
- The sun is hot here! Wish I was closer to water.
- 4 more weeks of this online class can’t come any sooner.
- Still working on learning how to say “No” to people and activities that are not in the budget!
- My hair is in this weird “middle stage.” I’ve been managing it with one style but now I’m really ready for it to grow long enough so I can put it in a ponytail. I’m sure when it gets there, I’ll be ready to cut it again.
- Planning my birthday every year is tiring. But I only turn 28 once!
Nothing else really to report. I want to know what’s rockin’ your world right now!