In a couple of days, I’ll be signing a real lease. A lease that had an income requirement and will depend on me hustling hard to maintain my good credit history by making payments on time. I will have my own space, no roommates. Here’s what I’m looking forward to the most.
5. Adopting a kitten/cat. I’m such a cat lady! I’ve had cats growing up most of my life. I think taking care of them is still pretty tedious, but I would love the company of a cat in my otherwise lonely place! I plan to adopt a kitten come September and I’m very excited about it. If possible, I’d like to get an all-black cat, and I’d call him Frijol (which is Spanish for bean). This name is subject to change.
4. Walking around nakked. I don’t like to be cold so this won’t be realistic all year, however it’s nice to have the option. #roommatefree
3. Quiet Sunday afternoons. My ideal Sunday includes 1. wine and 2. home cooked meals. I’d rather not leave the house, except to go to church. I look forward to many low-key Sundays spent with Fri-Fri.
2. Playing my music as loud as I want. I may be a little idealistic with this, considering I still have neighbors under me and next to me. However, I’d like not to have to think about anyone else being in the apartment when I am in the mood to blast my musica!!
1. Decorating. I’m admittedly not good at this. I have pieces of art and I look forward to framing them and highlighting them throughout the apartment.. That’s about it. I don’t know anything about color schemes, blinds, drapes, nada! However, I’m open to making this place mine! 🙂
9 thoughts on “5 Things: New Apartment”
I can relate. I cried and praise God when I moved into my first apartment. Have fun on Sundays and walking around naked.
Sundays and Naked are my favorite parts of being alone… Enjoy !
I forgot to mention the balcony too. So how about Sunday+naked+balcony? Is that allowed? lol
Hell yeah !
How is your new place treating you?
Still very empty, but feeling more mine.
[…] can afford living without one. When I first applied for my 2 bedroom apartment, I was ecstatic about many things (namely, the cat I was going to adopt). Mostly, the freedom of having my own space. A couple of […]
[…] I’ve pushed, I’ve moved. I am working. I’m “adulting” with my own apartment (sorta), bills, car notes, federal loans. Man, the grind is […]
[…] how I wanted this when I got my own apartment? Definitely gonna happen soon. I’m gonna rescue a […]