Hi lovelies! Another holiday season is here. 2015 is not too far behind. I have some days off coming up and I plan to do some traveling since I am entirely overdue. How are youuuuuuuuuu doing?! Yes, you! Whether you’re a returning guest or first time visitor…how are you today?! Counting down the days until the New Year? Thinking about the last couple of gifts to procure before Christmas? Getting your Resolutions in order? What are some of your traditions this time of year? Leave me a comment.
Well, December is usually a time of reflection for me. I just haven’t been in the blogging mood. Not to mention, I barely am in the mood to do the things I’m supposed to do. Regardless, here are some things that have been rocking my world recently:
- If it caught your attention in the hashtag, I’ve recently began watching Game of Thrones. I’m up to Season 3. The show is as good as people say. I think it’s a solid show with an interesting plot but I usually cannot binge-watch because I’ve mastered the art of falling asleep on the hour-long episodes. I will say that I’ve become obsessed with: KHALESSI!
Daenerys Targaryen is so effortlessly beautiful and has a quiet strength about her. She is known as Khaleesi, which I think is a beautiful name and means “queen,” or wife of the “Khal” or king. She has become one of my favorite characters on the show. So have Ned Stark and Jon Snow. I’m so intrigued by the dialogues and vulgarity, and I see great potential for strong women characters so I’m sticking with this show. Season 5 begins really soon (January) so I will be taking advantage of the break to catch up!
- I’ve been doing a lot of falling asleep sleeping on my couch. It just draws me in with its simple comfort. It’s a couch that sits 2 people comfortably and literally every time I watch something on it or eat and watch t.v. while sitting there, sleep creeps in and the couch kidnaps me until the next morning.
- It’s been 5 months since I started working in my Clinical Fellowship. Each day I am a step closer to certification, however I can’t seem to focus on that now. I basically try to take it a step a time, because some days take all my strength and patience. There are however, those aha moments! I live for those. The moment that a student trusts you and avoidance behaviors that have been the norm are kept at bay or easier to manage, the moment a toddler goes from rarely imitating verbally to expressing himself with minimal prompting, the moment a parent offers to babysit children you don’t have yet. Those moments, my friend, reinforce my decision and make me proud to be the professional that specializes in nurturing language and encouraging functional communication, for all!
- I’m really enjoying my personal group therapy/counseling as of late. The group recently acquired another member, and the dynamics are fresh and joyous. I am also attracted to this new member. He is physically attractive, however, my crush on him is more of the cerebral type. I like his innocence, and his untainted fervor for trying to find his way. When he opens his mouth, I imagine the masses flocking to him. I mostly attend group for the laughs and the stories but I’ve also been tackling how my attraction to this member may be affecting my motivation for going.
- The holidays are hard. If I decided to stay in the area, I would be tackling them by myself. So travel is a must. I’m going to make it a point to go back to Costa Rica next Christmas. I’ve never spent Christmas there and I think it would be awesome to spend Christmas on a beach…
- If you’re wondering about my roommate, we have been working out just fine! We are very different people (she has lots of girl friends and is very social; I’m a homebody, she has a flexible work schedule and I have a rigid one), and are in the apartment during different schedules. The key to any good relationship, in my opinion, is communication. I think our communication when we do share the same space has been very effective. I wouldn’t say we are “friends” per se but I do enjoy her thoughtfulness and concern about the “simple” things that make a house a home. She’s spruced up the apartment with her “signs” and plans to make the home a bit more cozy, and I’m okay with that.
- I purchased this because a speech language pathologist has to travel with so much at times:
That is pretty much all that’s been rocking my world! What about you?! What’s rocking your world right now?
4 thoughts on “#WinterisComing: What’s Rocking My World”
Nice post! Thanks for all that information. It looks like you’re enjoying yourself. I’m glad things are working out with your roommate. I’ve been there before. I’ve had some difficult roommates in the past. I think Daenerys Targaryen is nice looking but she’s average compared to your beauty. 🙂
Thanks! The funny thing is the actress and I share the same last name, who knows, we may be related!
You never know.lol
Oh how wonderful! All sounds great, glad you’re getting along with your room mate. I know that couch thing all too well. You’re so official with that bag… On a break from school which is great. Looking forward to more r&r. 🙂