Jamaica seems like sooooooooo long ago! It was only 2 weeks ago. Why do vacations take so long to come yet their memories leave us so fast? Less than 2 weeks left in the month of June and so many changes have taken place. I’d like to make a Bucket List this summer now that I’m a working adult…but to be honest I’ll be adding things like “Keep $600 in my Savings account” and “Go to the gym 3x a week” because those are really pertinent things in my life right now.
Let’s dig right in:
- The latest in roommate chronicles…She’s moving out come July 15th! At least that’s what she told me verbally, I’ve yet to receive the official 30 day written notice. I am considering down-sizing and getting myself a studio or 1-bedroom. Will miss my balcony view for sure.
- Montego Bay, Jamaica was my first American passport stamp! Full post to follow.
- My 30th birthday is around the corner (a little over 2 weeks away)! No plans. No birthday dress.
- Los Angeles is 11 days away! I’m looking forward to spending time with family I haven’t seen since about 2009. Gonna road-trip over to Orange County, too!
- I’d like to plan another domestic trip for October. I’ve been wanting to visit Houston, Texas… Then, Costa Rica in December.
- Summer’s graduation from kindergarten is tomorrow! I’ll be sneaking into New York to cheer on my favorite girl.
- Officially done with my Clinical Fellowship! Once my paperwork is sent to ASHA (governing body for SLP’s), I’ll be receiving my Full Licensure by mail.
- Completed my school site assignment, it went well. I’m a little jealous of my school-based colleagues, they get allllll summer off.
- We are 4-1 (with one cancelled game) so far in the Kickball league. I’m on a team full of Purdue Alumni (and Shari, a fellow Howard Alum and my friend). We lost last week to UCF only because they recruited players for their team when they were short a few players. The only time the roster is enforced is during playoffs. Smh… I’ll be missing tomorrow’s game, but will be ready for the Playoffs the following week! #BoilerUp
- I’m looking forward to the Summer…welcoming all things new and exciting. Focusing on self-care (I joined a gym on Friday) and looking to have a healthy balance between work and play (more play, though).
What’s currently rockin’ your world?