Jamaica seems like sooooooooo long ago! It was only 2 weeks ago. Why do vacations take so long to come yet their memories leave us so fast? Less than 2 weeks left in the month of June and so many changes have taken place. I’d like to make a Bucket List this summer now that I’m a working adult…but to be honest I’ll be adding things like “Keep $600 in my Savings account” and “Go to the gym 3x a week” because those are really pertinent things in my life right now.
Let’s dig right in:
- The latest in roommate chronicles…She’s moving out come July 15th! At least that’s what she told me verbally, I’ve yet to receive the official 30 day written notice. I am considering down-sizing and getting myself a studio or 1-bedroom. Will miss my balcony view for sure.
- Montego Bay, Jamaica was my first American passport stamp! Full post to follow.
- My 30th birthday is around the corner (a little over 2 weeks away)! No plans. No birthday dress.
- Los Angeles is 11 days away! I’m looking forward to spending time with family I haven’t seen since about 2009. Gonna road-trip over to Orange County, too!
- I’d like to plan another domestic trip for October. I’ve been wanting to visit Houston, Texas… Then, Costa Rica in December.
- Summer’s graduation from kindergarten is tomorrow! I’ll be sneaking into New York to cheer on my favorite girl.
- Officially done with my Clinical Fellowship! Once my paperwork is sent to ASHA (governing body for SLP’s), I’ll be receiving my Full Licensure by mail.
- Completed my school site assignment, it went well. I’m a little jealous of my school-based colleagues, they get allllll summer off.
- We are 4-1 (with one cancelled game) so far in the Kickball league. I’m on a team full of Purdue Alumni (and Shari, a fellow Howard Alum and my friend). We lost last week to UCF only because they recruited players for their team when they were short a few players. The only time the roster is enforced is during playoffs. Smh… I’ll be missing tomorrow’s game, but will be ready for the Playoffs the following week! #BoilerUp
- I’m looking forward to the Summer…welcoming all things new and exciting. Focusing on self-care (I joined a gym on Friday) and looking to have a healthy balance between work and play (more play, though).
What’s currently rockin’ your world?
4 thoughts on “What’s Rockin’ My World: Second Day of Summer”
“I’ll be receiving my Full Licensure by mail.”
The Great One, embracing greatness. That’s what’s up. Cali and Texas? If you add NOLA, then this is pretty much my traveling current schedule. Wishing you so much fun with your peoples in Cali.
Thanks! It’s a week away!
Was it your birthday again? Happy birthday girl, I hope! 😀
It’s today! But thanks for the wishes…vlog coming soon.