She shares Pro’s and Con’s of working in a school building full time as a speech and language pathologist:
- I love the population I work with. (Learn more about autism here.)
- I’m learning how to manage a large caseload.
- Therapy is not a one-size fits all, I’m getting creative on how to meet my student’s individualized needs.
- I like some of the experiences of being fully immersed in a school.
- People, people, people!! (better known as Co-workers)
- When you don’t feel respected as a professional.
- When you have a hard time collaborating with teachers.
How do you (as an SLP or a member of the IEP team) manage working with difficult people or teachers? Have you ever worked on a school team that didn’t value your input as a professional?