There’s no shortcut through the hard stuff. So stop running from it.
-She (October 26, 2015)
The last 5 days of school/work have been the longest days. I’m trying to be patient and focus on the paperwork+packing I have to finish as I transition out of this school. But I’m so distractible and everyone is annoying me. It’s too nice to be inside!! It’s been a tough week to say the least. But it’s looking up.
Here’s what is currently rockin’ my world:
- Last Saturday was the 5 year anniversary of GlobeTracer. I wasn’t compelled to do the handwritten letter I usually do. I didn’t want to force anything. 5 years is a great milestone, I am thankful.
- Burning Questions: Why do I want to fast-forward so much? I have to learn how to feel and be in uncomfortable places. It’s not fun, but I don’t gain what I have to when I’m constantly thinking about tomorrow, or the fall. Or 2017. Or when I live somewhere else…
- I’m ready to do life with him. Being apart and seeing each other only on the weekend is starting to get to me.
- I got a new couch! It’s mine and it’s new and it’s firm. How does one break these things in?
- About 2 weeks until Chicago! 🙂 First trip of the summer.
- Burning Questions: What if I’m not sure what I really want? How do I know when to trust what I want is really what is right?
- I got a retirement plan. Talk about #adulting. In 30 years, I’ll be 60 years old? How????
- I’ve only read 2 books this year so far, but this summer I’ll do better!
Now it’s your turn!!
Tell me what’s currently rockin’ your world!! If this is your first time here, please say hello!
If you’re a long time reader- what’s something you want to keep reading about on the blog? why?
Thank you for visiting my little space,
4 thoughts on “What’s Rockin’ My World: End of the School Year”
Happy Blog Anniversary. Time has flown.
One of the things i’m looking forward to this summer: Gonna travel with my daughter to Wisconsin and Michigan to meet some relatives she’s never met, including my aunt, woman who raised me. First time we’ve traveled together, so that should be fun. Besides that, just my usual back and forth traveling to kick it with friends. This will be my last summer before I’m a permanent northern resident, before I finally sit down.
I’ve read a few books, still need to finish others, I’ve watched more documentaries than I’ve read, though.
That sounds like a great tradition to begin- traveling together. I remember the last time I traveled a bit with my father and his fiancee, it was different but still enjoyed myself. Happy traveling and reading!
It’s beautiful! Sectionals are easy, stylish and it’s like getting two for one. I really enjoy getting new things for my space. Awww, someone is inlove. 😊 I’m happy for you. Enjoy your long time away from work, you deserve it.
My world is filled with work, work and more work. It’s a juggling act between, making sure home is happy and work. School is out for now, so at least I get some what of break in the afternoon. I have some books on my Amazon lists that I tell myself I will read eventually. I plan to take many day trips, try new things and eat out a lot (my daughter enjoys the restaurant experience).
P.S. Happy blogiversary!
Thanks! Eating out is so addicting but can be pricey. Summer time is definitely for eating on rooftops and patios! I hope you get some down time to yourself. Thanks for reading and commenting. It means so much to me.