It’s the 8th month of the year! Wow… That means we are that much closer to the fall, then Thanksgiving…then we’ll be bidding farewell to 2017. This has been an unusual summer for me. It’s been actual uninterrupted time off, but no travel (sad face- #adultingforreal.) Instead, we put all our extra money towards the move. We’ve been in our condo for one month now, and we are pretty settled in. I love our space, and especially that it’s not my apartment or his, but it’s OURS.
My summer has been pretty low-key, and I am taking the time to get some depth projects up and going. The down side to having all this time is discipline. I try to put some intentions out for the week, so that I can have a list to check off at the end of each day. I am also a big fan of sleeping in, but waking up late (after 11am) makes me feel like I’m wasting the day. Pretty soon, I’ll have to start setting my alarm to get back into the groove of early mornings.
Here’s what else has been rockin’ my world:
- Binge-a-thon: After over a year of not watching, I’ve returned to Breaking Bad (up to Season 4 now.) I’ve also indulged in other shows like: Transparent (Amazon), The Keepers (Netflix crime-mystery drama,) and ratchet TV (Love and Hip-Hop Hollywood is back on.) I also finished Married at First Sight (and the Second Chances show) but I’m done watching that show for good, don’t know why it keeps getting renewed.
- I am moving forward with the private practice on a part-time basis. Step by step and hoping to start seeing clients as early as September/October. #careergoals
- On apps like “Let Go” daily, trying to finish decorating our apartment with things people don’t want anymore.
- Cooking whenever I feel like and no apology when I don’t.
- Looking for another part time job. If I go back to the schools, it will be on a part time basis only. It’s so freeing to have no ties, and scary at the same time.
- Reading whenever I feel enthused. Finished one book so far this summer. Book review here.
- I’m really thankful for having this time I know there may not be another summer like this, and for that reason alone I’m allowing myself to just be. #withoutjudgment
- I still want to pierce my nose. Haven’t done it yet.
What’s Rockin’ Your August?
7 thoughts on “What’s Rockin’ My World: Agosto”
It took me so long to allow myself to just “be” during time off, but I’m so glad I’ve put in so much practice–it’s such a time to cherish! Enjoy!
Dag, I can’t believe we’re in the eighth month. It’s a beautiful thing reading about the new chapters in your life. Congratulations! All your hard work as paid off.
As for me, I’m just trying to enjoy my summer and tie up some loose ends before I get super busy in the Fall.
What’s does “enjoy my summer” consist of? And yes, not looking forward to the busyness that fall brings.
I enjoy backyard BBQ, a good book, not having to study, the warm sun against my skin and the beach. Yay beach 🤗
Soooo, I have to say congratulations on the private practice. You’re a speech therapist, right? Highlight of my summer, seeing an old friend and understanding more to why the friend vanished. I felt as though my questions were answered the questions that nearly ripped my heart to shreds. I feel better now. Sometimes we never get an answer and very few times we do…and, try the fake nose ring, maybe?! Do you have a tattoo? I’m bombarding you today, haha.
Yup! It seems like in regards to your old friend, you got the closure you needed. Sometimes we don’t get the answers to questions, and that has to be okay too. I ended up getting my nose pierced! It’s not so a big deal now, just kind of like it was there the whole time. Yup, I do have a tattoo, there’s a blog post about it.
I wore my faux nose ring this wknd. You made that happen after reading it, haha. 🙂