I have a new favorite thing.
Podcasts are my new favorite thing. BUT to be honest, I don’t like listening to what ERRYBODY listening to. I have tried, on occasion. I’ve been listening to podcasts consistently now for over a year. Sometimes I browse the “popular” charts on my Podcast app and see what’s new at #1. I have varied tastes from book talk to crime/investigative shows, to pop culture. I have varied reasons why I listen to podcasts; to help me go to sleep, to escape traffic, or to find some new recommendations (as in books, etc.) I can only say I listen to a handful on a weekly basis. Here are my top 5 favorite podcasts, as random as I can be.
5. Ear Hustle. A show produced and recorded in San Quentin Prison (California) and co-hosted by a man serving a life sentence. The topics range from week to week about what life is like on the inside. I like the fresh perspectives, and the topics/stories shared by actual inmates on the show. The episodes tend to be between 30 minutes to an hour, perfect for those with short attention spans.
4. Where Should I Begin? With Esther Perel. This is a new release on iTunes. If you never heard of Esther Perel, that’s okay. She is a Belgian author and leader in the psychotherapy world and a proponent of rethinking how we view infidelity (read: polyamory.) In her podcasts, she shares actual therapy sessions (meaning you get to be a fly on the wall) with couples going through different struggles including intimacy, infidelity and emotional baggage.
3. MyTaughtYou with Myliek Teele. I haven’t consistently listened to this podcast, but I enjoy listening to her entrepreneur tips and gems she has learned along the way. Myliek is the founder of CURLBOX. She doesn’t come off like a know-it-all, just kind of like your good girlfriend sharing advice.
2. S Town. S Town is a very involved investigative story. That’s the best way I can describe it. THIS has been the best podcast for 2017 in my opinion. I started listening to it in the house, and then my boyfriend liked it so much that he began to listen to it on his hour commute to work. I won’t even bother explaining what it’s about…JUST LISTEN LINDA!
1. Dirty John. Bear with me here. Another investigative story. A woman named Debbie meets a man online named John and they proceed to move very fast in the relationship. They get married within 2 months…but wait, does she really know who John is? He reads like Mr. Charming on paper, but who is he REALLY?!
That’s all I got folks. Let me know what podcasts you hold dear to your heart…
Sharing is caring,
3 thoughts on “Podcast Me Crazy”
Love #2 and #5, #1 is on my queue to listen to. Will have to check out the other ones as well, love pods, great list!!
I’m on the last episode of Dirty John (only 6 episodes) and I don’t want to listennnn! I don’t want it to end. This is the sad part about podcasts.
Thanks for sharing! I listen to MyTaughtYou already but the others seem very interesting!