Dear Follower-Famalam and Friends:
hate dislike reading posts about a person explaining why they are not blogging anymore. I never want them to stop blogging. But here I am, thinking about the reasons why Globetracer, the personal blog, is coming to a close. Don’t hate me. Today is the first day of the year. Happy New Year! I hope you’re thoroughly enjoy a day of doing the least. I am typing this from the comforts of my bed. The holidays drain me socially, so this day is very necessary to regroup before heading back to work tomorrow.
Many of you who have been here from Day 1 know that it has been an amazing journey. This blog is a testament that you can go from not knowing what the hell you’re supposed to be doing in life, to stepping out on faith and reaping the benefits of hard work and sacrifice. I started blogging in 2011 when I was 26 years old and living in Costa Rica for a short stint. It’s been 6 great years of triumphs, setbacks and so so many blessings from God. IF you’re struggling with finding your passion and purpose, HOLD ON! All the steps you’re taking to actively find that place you’re supposed to be, make a difference. My biggest take-away from this blogging venture is that writing will always be a part of my life. That will never change. Globetracer, as it exists in this platform will no longer be updated but I will continue vlogging on my YouTube channel and posting the videos here for some time. Please subscribe! Also, follow me on Twitter if you don’t already (@TracitaLinda.)
It has been a joy to connect with so many of you, and I really do appreciate all the love and support throughout the years. If I had 2 gems that I want to remind you of, it’s to get back to happy no matter what you have to do to get there! and that happiness can be found right where you are. A lot of time we focus on being happy when we reach such and such milestone but there’s so much to revel in right where you are. I’m reminded daily to look for those moments:
- Finding a new show on Netflix or Hulu to Binge (I’m thinking to start Glow here in a few)
- Finish coloring the picture I started yesterday
- Spending time with Brandon, making future plans.
- Making trip plans for Spring Break!
- Trying to decide what I’m going to grub on today…
- The reality TV shows starting back up today and tomorrow (Married at First Sight anyone?)
- Preparing for family to come into town…
- Making my 2018 book list with SPECIFIC titles.
It’s a brand new year, time for new tings. I wish you all the best in 2018, beloved. See you around the internets. Kisses and hugs.
Happy Thanksgiving to all you out there. I pray that whatever you’re doing, you’re not doing it alone. I’ve been in this real rut, going through the mundane activities of life and not being really inspired to write about anything. I’ve published the least amount of posts in 2017 and although that does not mean I didn’t get a lot accomplished (thinking back, it seems like I’ve done A LOT this year offline), I am thinking about whether I want to continue writing on this platform. *sad face*
I haven’t fully decided, so don’t cry just yet. I feel very thankful to have connected with some of you in very meaningful ways. Today is a day of good news. So here’s what’s rockin’ my world:
- I got my nose pierced. This is old news, but still worth sharing. The piercing is rarely seen in pictures that are not close-up but I like it.
- I went to Houston for a weekend back in October. I got to visit my friend and see more of Houston than I did my first time around. I also got a real swanky photo shoot at the McGovern Centennial Gardens. Fun all around.
- Perhaps the biggest news of them all: I have officially filed my LLC! I’ll be starting work for my private practice in December…Progress has been slow and steady but I’m ready!
- We are almost halfway through the school year, almost, almost.
- I’m super excited about new travel ventures next year. I’ve got to have a grand trip next year just haven’t narrowed down where. I am definitely going back to Costa Rica though.
- This is year 2 of non-traditional Thanksgiving, I’m learning how to embrace not having my family readily accessible. It does affect my mood, but I’m trying to cope in my own way. Although I’m not in Costa Rica this year, I’m thankful to be surrounded by “chosen family.”
I pray everyone reading this has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. Eat, chill and be merry! #NoJudgment
Write the things you need to hear:
You will be successful in your business.
Slow and steady consistency is the key. Successful businesses are not built overnight.
You’re a brilliant writer. Write when you are happy, when you are full, and when you need to be filled.
Holidays without family are understandably tough. This holiday season could be the start of new traditions.
Take time to enjoy where you are. You’re in a good place.
You are on a great path, enjoy the sights.
You are loved. People think about you daily, and pray for you too.
Pray for your family more. Pray for the country.
Make more phone calls.
Hi you all lovely readers!! I’ve neglected to write in sometime, but I’m glad to see my page visits haven’t totally flatlined… Since my last day of work in a school-based setting (June 13th) I had searched and searched for apartments/townhomes/condos, packed and purged almost ALL of the paperwork I was carrying around since 2011 (finally!), signed a lease, and am ready for the next chapter. My boyfriend and I will be officially living together. We are moving to a new state. We have come a long way to get here. I feel blessed.
The glo’ up is real! Summer is officially here and I am ready to eat all the foods. I am ready to ride on some roller coasters, drink some wine, visit a new place, frolic in my bathing suit, and make plans for the next major trip. I am ready to celebrate 32! SO many great things to look forward to as I enjoy the summer off. I started this blog when I was turning 26! It’s been 6 awesome years, and so many accomplishments since then.
So, back to the title of this post. No, I’m not pregnant (as far as I know…) I was trying to find the word for the intense feeling you get when you move into a new place and you want everything clean, readied and perfect! I am in love with our new condo! It has nothing in it and it’s perfect. We are not officially moving until next weekend but my feeling is because it’s already paid for… I want to be there right now, every minute, every hour…even if it’s sleeping on an air bed, drinking out of red Solo cups with no Wi-fi. I want to make the place my home. There should be a word for that. What do you think?
Besides that, this move has really gotten me to start thinking about what I really want for our space. I want a minimalist space. Right now, I don’t have minimalist tendencies so this is the issue (I currently have a mental list of the things we NEED for our space.) We get a clean slate with a new place and I really, really want a Less is More attitude and feel. I’ve started listening to the Minimalists podcast to guide me. There are so many perks to embracing this lifestyle; spending less, focusing on more important things, getting on track with finances and saving…I’ll keep ya’ll updated on the status.
In the meantime, I wish ya’ll a happy Fourth! Enjoy family, friends, and stay safe!
Cheers to new beginnings,