1. any of various types of headgear worn by a monarch as a symbol of sovereignty, often made of precious metal andornamented with valuable gems.
2. a similar ornamental headgear worn by a person designated king or queen in a pageant, contest, etc.
3. a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance.
What an exciting week! Not only did yesterday mark the official kick-off of the World Cup 2014, but Orange Is The New Black is back for Season 2 and we are almost halfway through June! I see nothing but good things in store this summer. Let’s venture through my week, shall we?
10. It’s my last month in my first apartment in D.C. ‘Tis bittersweet. On one hand, I can’t afford this overpriced place, but on the other hand it’s going to be hard loosing my “space,” getting used to the “temporary” living conditions and living out of my luggage. But hey, at least I can save some money this summer to hopefully be able to make Toronto happen.
9. Funny story. Howard’s health insurance covers services which are provided by its professional schools and hospital. I go to the dental school…for the eye candy AND to further my oral health. The last service on my treatment plan is the replacement of my crown. Crowns are not necessarily made to be replaced, they tend to last for many years but my crown had seen lots of wear and tear since I suffer from bruxism (fancy word for I grind my teeth at night while sleeping). Also, my crown was made from porcelain fused to metal and I had worn it down so much that some of the metal was starting to show. In preparation for a new crown, the student doctor takes a mold of your mouth and send it to the lab so the technicians can make you a brand spanking new crown. In the meantime, you get a temporary cap. The cap is meant to allow you to protect your tooth but it is not made from any substantial material. It is meant to mimic a real crown so the material does harden like real crown.
I know you’re wondering when I’m going to get to the story. So, here it goes. I got a temporary cap on Monday. Yesterday I ate some pasta and chips for lunch. I was leaving the house for a rooftop party and brushed my teeth. Except, I looked in my mouth and my crown was missing. I proceeded to inspect my mouth. Had it decided to pay another tooth a visit? Did it get stuck on another tooth by accident? Did I swallow the temporary crown? Dude, where’s my crown? I have no idea what happened but I blame it on the chips. My student doctor assures me I won’t die from ingesting a temporary crown. If something happens to me, you heard the story here first.
8. Orange is the New Black, Season 2 is back in full effect. Some people binge-watched the whole season in one weekend. I like to thoroughly digest each episode so I won’t do that. I’m thinking about the best way to generate posts about some of the episodes I really enjoy. I must say there’s a lot more storytelling this Season around, all of the episodes seem really heavy and “full,” if that makes sense.
7. It’s been humid as I don’t know what here in D.C., coupled with rain and thunderstorms on and off. One minute, the sun is blazing, the next minute the clouds come threatening.
6. World Cup fever begins! I must say, I really enjoy watching the NBA Playoffs (go Spurs!) and the World Cup. It’s like a world showcase and I look forward to finding some local bars here in D.C. and taking in all the highs and lows on the road to victory!
5. I got a personalized mouth guard to prevent the wear and tear on my teef at night. Since I still struggle to remove my contacts every night, we shall see how well I do with my new responsibility.
4. Yesterday, I got 2 parking tickets in one day. It made me re-evaluate how often I should be driving my car around the City. One ticket, I deserved. I had been parking in Howard’s parking lots without permits for months now. I got caught yesterday. The other was on the street and although it’s only $25, ain’t nobody got time for tickets!
3. Summer in D.C.= shenanigans, rooftop parties, bbq’s, good books, writing, picnics, good ____, brunches, happy hours. ALL in moderation.
2. Costa Rica plays their first game this Saturday, June 14th at 3pm (EST) (tomorrow!) against Uruguay. They are in a group with ALL past World Cup winners, ain’t that some….
1. I’m turning 29 next month! Don’t have anything planned, not planning anything. My only prayer is that God never removes his hand over my life. I’ve been so blessed so far, life is good. I cannot complain.
Talk Back to Me,
QUESTshuns for you
1. What country are you going for? (World Cup)
2. Have you ever had a dental mishap?
3. Do you watch OITNB? Why or why not?
4. What are you looking forward to this summer?