- I’m 30, Now What?
- My Generation Doesn’t Make Phone Calls
- I Love the Smell of Procrastination in the Morning
- My Friendship Obsession
- The She Nobody Knows
It’s been a while since my last post, here’s a VLOG to share What’s been Rockin’ My World!
Short List (or if you have to come back to the video):
- I watch TV now. And lots of it! (Blog post to follow)
- I am at the tail’s end of my Clinical Fellowship! Yipee!!
- I am feeling like I have a sort of handle on my work load. 8 months in I am learning how to work smarter and not harder!
- I am giving more time to what I am calling in 2015 my Passion Projects. That includes mentoring, being part of organizations that I support, and making more time for socializing and meeting other professional women in the area.
- VACATION, VACATION, VACATION! Next stop: Montego Bay, Jamaica.
- I am less than 6 months away from my big 30! Some of ya’ll been rocking with me for FOUR years since I started Globetracer. I was turning 26 and living in Costa Rica. My life is sooooo different now. Well, I’m still on that journey to happiness and travel is still very much a part of that vision. 30 came so fast! I have so much to show for these past 4 years! Thanks for being there with me.
- This week we had two snow days back-to-back! I can’t complain but after one day I’m not sure quite what to do with myself. What do you like to do on snow days or on unexpected days off?
What’s Rocking your World this winter?
7. Checking Voicemail. I presume when I return to work, I will have an excuse to check voicemail. But at this juncture in my life (a full time graduate student) all breaking news do not come in the form of entering pins and listening to automated voice prompts.
6. Shaving. I talk about not liking to shave a lot. I really don’t like to shave my legs. On the scale of 1-10 with 10 being the last “To Do” on my list shaving makes number 11, right after checking voicemail. To make things worse, when I do shave (at the adamant request of others) I usually leave a long trail of hair in the back of my legs. I suppose if I had arms that swiveled all the way around, this wouldn’t be so hard.
5. Makeup. Have you noticed the bags under my eyes in my vlogs? Dark spots? Blemishes? I don’t even put makeup on for vlogging. Why not? Because when it comes to brushes and pencils, I don’t know the difference. I’ve never learned how to blend, foundate or whatever other terms are used to put masks on. I keep things natural and the circus moments at a minimum.
4. Washing Dishes. Can I take care of the dishes for you? are not words you will ever hear me say. I tend to do double takes at my own dishes with crust and other unidentifiables still on them when I’m looking for a clean plate. Dishwashers were invented for people like me!
3. Flossing. You probably think I’m some nasty pig with hairy legs at this point, but hey, I am not ashamed at my non-flossing past. Past, I say, because I’m changing this bad habit after my last torturous visit to the hygenist. Flossing is life (at least 2 times a day).
2. Putting an outfit together. I truly believe this was part of the reason why my ex and I didn’t last. When I am fashionable, it’s usually some random happenstance and not because I planned it. For the most part, I am proud to say my outfits are not dictated by magazines, or what’s in season. I want to be remembered by my smile, a life-changing accessory….
AND THE NUMBER ONE THING I DON’T PRETEND TO BE GOOD AT….
1. Small Talk. Even saying it annoys me. And I’m not the only one to think so.
“It’s so incredibly warm today” “What do you do?” “Can you believe those Ravens?”
What are some things you don’t pretend to be good at?
- The generosity of strangers
- Apartment hunting from a distance
- Jill Scott’s lyrics where she reiterates ideas by changing the word order.
- Reiterated message of ‘Write a book!’ Topic/Title still unknown.
- Pitbull’s life motto seems to be the word “DALE!”
- Childhood Nostalgia. ie: this song
- Finding and watching old home videos or photos
- Facial piercings I see with no rhyme or reason. Recently I’ve seen an earring where dimples rest and piercings on cheekbones, among other places.
- In 4 weeks, my life as usual will change. Change my life as usual in 4 weeks.
- Should every writer attempt to write a book?
- The more social media I use the more socially-deprived I feel.
- Unexpected chemistry.
- My love affair with the high bun.
- My mother is the Hallmark Queen. A rare breed.
- Wearing other people’s shoes or raiding other people’s closets.
- End of time dancers in this video. I love men that look super masculine dancing!!! Check out the white boy in the second row tho!!
- How my smart phone has replaced my book reading time.
- Girl crush on Alexandra Joner from J. Coles ‘In the Morning’ video (see first picture)
- Miguel station on Pandora playing very sensual songs.
- Camera phone lets me capture every moment in a flash!!
- Savoring NYC sights and window displays.
What’s rocking your summer right now?!!
- Thou shall have patience in abundance. Especially on the phone and dealing with arrogant a**holes that believe their call stops everyone’s world.
- Thou shall not chew or click and clack gum; use silent mints instead.
- Thou shall not consume excessive liquids as relieving yourself is only allowed once every 4 hours.
- Thou shall keep a hand-mirror handy to check teeth status/coverage after meal and/or snacks.
- Thou shall unnaturally greet and smile exuberantly, but especially those employees that avoid eye contact.
- Thou shall always look busy behind your desk, most especially when the boss passes by.
And most importantly:
7. Thou shall not pass gas while thinking the coast is clear; the parameters are never to be guaranteed solitary.
What are some receptionist practices that irk your nerves?
PS- Guess who got a joby-job?!
I know it’s not technically summer, but since classes have been over for awhile (maybe 2 or 3 weeks, who’s keeping count?) I feel that my summer is already under way.
What have I been doing besides wearing the same Interview outfit over the past couple of weeks? (in no particular order)
- Decided against straightening my hair for the summer to prevent the battle against humidity
- Fell in love all over again with blogging
- Have been blessed by God beyond belief not only to be attending my dream school for Grad Studies, but to have an awesome community of people who are supporting me along the way
- Joined some other new social site where people are signing up to meet people aka Flirt: Badoo
- Also joined LinkedIn- and cringe every time I’m notified that I’m connected to someone by e-mail
- Read Animal Farm and started 50 Shades of Grey
- Have felt like I’m loosing my religion by continuing said journey through 50 Shades of Grey and since then have not read past page 125ish
- Washing my hair almost every other day (a practice I’m not used to)
- Acting kinda skankish
- Responsibly gotten my mid-yearly Status check-up
- Adopted a little sister of sorts
- Have lamented over countless hours behind my computer screen
- Experimented painting my nails in some funky summer colors
- Have contemplated doing my follow up vlog to Rejection…
- Have suffocated on humid nights trying to sleep in a room that gets no outside ventilation
- Fallen asleep late night next to my bed buddy aka my laptop
- Pondered over paying any mind to the new season of Love and Hip & Hop: Atlanta
- Found out about the political climate in certain states while performing telephone surveys- my unofficial ‘job’ of the moment
- Have set intentions to start reviewing my coursework/start refreshing my memory before Grad school begins
- Am contemplating having a quiet birthday, although I’d rather be spoiled.
As you can see, my summer so far has been filled with all kinds of trivialities. I can’t say that I want it any other way right now.
What are some habits/plans of yours that mark the official beginning of summer?
Tracey no tengo internet en la casa por eso no ha oido de mi y me fui y se me olvido pagarle su celular. Ojala que no se lo hayan cortado. Estoy llamando de la casa de abuelita. I’m leaving tonight to go back to San Jose. During the week I’m gonna see how I can make the payment for you and emm…I’ll try calling you somewhere during the week, ok? Bueno mamacita cuidese…bye.
Uhh..Tracey dame una llamada cuando tenga chance por favor. Ok. Thanks. Bye bye.
Yo maing, why is your phone off? I’m gonna be at Chris’, it’s like almost 6:30 but I’m on my way to Chris’ cuz we’re going to have dinner at his mom’s house so…i… probably won’t be able to talk later. I don’t want to be rude and all in the phone, all up on the phone. Anyway, let me know what’s going on.
Tracey! It’s Anna. I’m sorry I missed your call earlier I wasn’t paying attention. Um. Yea. Call and bother me. That sounds good. Yayyyy we’re almost done. I can’t wait. One more day. Alright. Bye.
Ey Tray-cey. Uh, It’s your neighbor Brian. Um, yea so about the security deposit (laughs). I. Don’t. Know. I mean, I know I gave him one, like, years ago when I first moved in and I mean he should give it back to you. If you’re asking for it back and there’s no damages and all that stuff, which I’m sure there’s not. However I think I owe him a couple hundred bucks in general so I’m not, I’m hoping he’s not asking me for the rest of the rent and I’m not asking him for the rest of the security deposit back, if that makes sense. Yea so if you gave him one, he owes it to you when you move out. Alright? Talk to you later.
Hey mama it’s me. I’m just calling you to let you know that we leaving now. Okay? Um, I love you, and I gonna try to give you a call later on if I can. If I not, you know I love you and I will talk to you when I get a chance, okay? Love you, talk to you later. Bye.
Hey Tracey, its Kristie…hiiiiiiiiigh. Um, give me a call when you get this message I sent you an e-mail and a couple of texts regarding Juan Jose. He danced with you at the wedding and he was really taken by you I’m trying to be neutral but um, right.. you’re not on Facebook so he can’t really contact you on his own. And I have your number but I don’t want to really give it to him without your consent. So call me, text me, and e-mail me let me know if it’s okay. Okay babe, take care. And. Congratulations on your grad school acceptance. That’s an awesome university. Can’t wait to talk to you more about that. Bye!
Hi Tracey Good Morning. When you called me the other day I was doing some catering at Tarrytown. I guess I’m just trying to return your call, and give me a call so we chat later on, alright? Have a blessed day. Thank you.
Tracitaaaa! I just saw you called. I’m getting my nails done so I didn’t have my phone handy but call me back okay I said hiii Tracey! Alright call me, I just got here. Alright.
Hi. Um (clears throat) just calling to say hello. Um haven’t spoken to you in a while. Calling to see how you’re doing. Hope all is well. Okay. Bye.