So much going on in life I don’t even know where to begin.
- Weave went bye-bye. It lasted for 1 month and 9 days and I was very proud of myself. I am a person that loves to wash her hair so much and not being able to touch my scalp bothered me. That hair wash yesterday was so epic.
- The weather has been pretty amazing (cooler mornings, warmer afternoons) but I know the colder temperatures are just around the corner. Time for coats to come from hibernation.
- My job is going good so far. I enjoy working with children who have autism, they are all so very unique. It’s about to be a busy time this coming week with Quarter 1 ending. There’s progress reports to do, testing, meetings and therapy. Kind of hard not to day-dream about the holidays at this time.
- In current event news, Sesame Street has a new muppet character with autism. Her name is Julia. This initiative was created as a resource for families with children who have autism, and a way to reduce the stigma associated with autism. Children with autism are more likely to be bullied at school and the videos on the website show real stories from real families.
- I am going to visit a friend in Houston in 2 weeks! I’m super excited as it’s my first time visiting. What should I not miss eating or doing?
- I go through my bouts of love and hate with social media. For the most part, I stay consistently on Twitter. But even with Twitter, if your favorite folks are not engaged with you…it can get kind of boring. I actually like to interact with people online. I haven’t decided when I’m going to fast from social media, but it’s looking like pretty soon.
- I’m back to falling asleep on my couch. I don’t really rest when I sleep in my bedroom and I’m trying to figure out what that’s about.
- I need to get back into talk therapy! Due to work conflict, I stopped attending the group therapy in September as well as individual therapy. It’s about time I start getting the care I need again.
- Living alone has been pretty cool. I really cannot complain about it, and I can’t imagine going back to roommates again.
- I am not confirmed for Costa Rica just yet this Christmas but I’m still making a countdown clock because it WILL happen. Stay tuned for more news in November.
- Remember how I wanted this when I got my own apartment? Definitely gonna happen soon. I’m gonna rescue a kitten!
What’s rockin’ your world lovely?