My iPad didn’t want me to be great today, but I still wanted to share what’s rockin’ my world. If you get to the end, you’ll see why.
My bra-less life
New Hair/New Lashes
What’s Rockin’ Your World as of late?
She shares Pro’s and Con’s of working in a school building full time as a speech and language pathologist:
- I love the population I work with. (Learn more about autism here.)
- I’m learning how to manage a large caseload.
- Therapy is not a one-size fits all, I’m getting creative on how to meet my student’s individualized needs.
- I like some of the experiences of being fully immersed in a school.
- People, people, people!! (better known as Co-workers)
- When you don’t feel respected as a professional.
- When you have a hard time collaborating with teachers.
How do you (as an SLP or a member of the IEP team) manage working with difficult people or teachers? Have you ever worked on a school team that didn’t value your input as a professional?
Speech language pathology is one of those fields that has so much depth and breadth, I love hearing stories of how people came to choose this career path.
This video may need to be watched in parts…but what can I say, when it comes to one’s passion, it’s hard to contain yourself!
To all interested students, grad-school hopefuls and curious people alike, discover What is speech language pathology?...and Why I Chose it!
If you’re an SLP, SLP2B, or student at any level…I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to leave comment and let me know why you chose SLP!
I never found the time to post the ritual End of Semester video for my second semester…finally posted it! See how lady like I am 🙂
PS- I’M OFFICIALLY A SECOND YEAR!