Happy Thanksgiving to all you out there. I pray that whatever you’re doing, you’re not doing it alone. I’ve been in this real rut, going through the mundane activities of life and not being really inspired to write about anything. I’ve published the least amount of posts in 2017 and although that does not mean I didn’t get a lot accomplished (thinking back, it seems like I’ve done A LOT this year offline), I am thinking about whether I want to continue writing on this platform. *sad face*
I haven’t fully decided, so don’t cry just yet. I feel very thankful to have connected with some of you in very meaningful ways. Today is a day of good news. So here’s what’s rockin’ my world:
- I got my nose pierced. This is old news, but still worth sharing. The piercing is rarely seen in pictures that are not close-up but I like it.
- I went to Houston for a weekend back in October. I got to visit my friend and see more of Houston than I did my first time around. I also got a real swanky photo shoot at the McGovern Centennial Gardens. Fun all around.
- Perhaps the biggest news of them all: I have officially filed my LLC! I’ll be starting work for my private practice in December…Progress has been slow and steady but I’m ready!
- We are almost halfway through the school year, almost, almost.
- I’m super excited about new travel ventures next year. I’ve got to have a grand trip next year just haven’t narrowed down where. I am definitely going back to Costa Rica though.
- This is year 2 of non-traditional Thanksgiving, I’m learning how to embrace not having my family readily accessible. It does affect my mood, but I’m trying to cope in my own way. Although I’m not in Costa Rica this year, I’m thankful to be surrounded by “chosen family.”
I pray everyone reading this has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. Eat, chill and be merry! #NoJudgment
It’s the 8th month of the year! Wow… That means we are that much closer to the fall, then Thanksgiving…then we’ll be bidding farewell to 2017. This has been an unusual summer for me. It’s been actual uninterrupted time off, but no travel (sad face- #adultingforreal.) Instead, we put all our extra money towards the move. We’ve been in our condo for one month now, and we are pretty settled in. I love our space, and especially that it’s not my apartment or his, but it’s OURS.
My summer has been pretty low-key, and I am taking the time to get some depth projects up and going. The down side to having all this time is discipline. I try to put some intentions out for the week, so that I can have a list to check off at the end of each day. I am also a big fan of sleeping in, but waking up late (after 11am) makes me feel like I’m wasting the day. Pretty soon, I’ll have to start setting my alarm to get back into the groove of early mornings.
Here’s what else has been rockin’ my world:
- Binge-a-thon: After over a year of not watching, I’ve returned to Breaking Bad (up to Season 4 now.) I’ve also indulged in other shows like: Transparent (Amazon), The Keepers (Netflix crime-mystery drama,) and ratchet TV (Love and Hip-Hop Hollywood is back on.) I also finished Married at First Sight (and the Second Chances show) but I’m done watching that show for good, don’t know why it keeps getting renewed.
- I am moving forward with the private practice on a part-time basis. Step by step and hoping to start seeing clients as early as September/October. #careergoals
- On apps like “Let Go” daily, trying to finish decorating our apartment with things people don’t want anymore.
- Cooking whenever I feel like and no apology when I don’t.
- Looking for another part time job. If I go back to the schools, it will be on a part time basis only. It’s so freeing to have no ties, and scary at the same time.
- Reading whenever I feel enthused. Finished one book so far this summer. Book review here.
- I’m really thankful for having this time I know there may not be another summer like this, and for that reason alone I’m allowing myself to just be. #withoutjudgment
- I still want to pierce my nose. Haven’t done it yet.
What’s Rockin’ Your August?
This is my second post of the year (sad face, kind of.) That’s just the way it’s supposed to be, I imagine. I’m trying to get my life, ya’ll!
I didn’t plan it that way, but I am also very much about not forcing what is not coming organically. Writing is my happy place, not my deadlines and forced writing place. Occasionally, I did feel that nudge to get something down on paper, but I also don’t like writing just to write. I am very much about content, not just about post numbers. 2017 is bringing a lot of changes, and I’m both excited and ready. Here’s what’s been rockin’ my world thus far:
- In the tune of self-care, I have decided to cut down my work hours per week. I currently hold a full-time and part-time job, and I used to work 3 afternoons a week, but as of January I cut that down to 2 nights. Yes, I’ll miss the money but I really love having my Monday nights back.
- I am gearing up for the next physical move in life. I’m saying adios to the DMV! I’m hitting on 5 years in the area (come August), and I’m ready for something new! More details to come… #newcity2017
- I have to start DISCARDING stuff from my apartment. Namely my paperwork and things I’ve accumulated from graduate school. To prepare for this, I’m reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up (audiobook.) https://www.amazon.com/Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering-Organizing/dp/1607747308
- Speaking of books, I have a 6 book goal for 2017. That sounds like an elementary goal, but it’s realistic for me and I make no apologies for it. Work is the main thing that keeps me from leisure reading, and the other part has been that I “consume” a lot and have no desire to read outside of that. I’m working on it, because I do miss getting lost in books.
- Work is work. There’s peak high and low times, I’m currently about to hit the peak “pre-spring break” time. IEP meetings galore, therapy, testing and everything in-between happens crazily in the days leading up to spring break. This year, we have spring break a little bit later in the year, which means the weather will be getting nicer and hopefully we won’t have any crazy snow storms. I don’t mind the days off, I just don’t want to extend the school year past June 12th! The good thing is when we come back from spring break, it’ll be almost May, a less-than 2 month countdown to the end of the school year.
- I want to pierce my nose. I have always liked nose piercings, but wasn’t sure how professional this “appeared.” I think nose piercings are more accepted now (even those septum piercings are very common) and so I’m going to go ahead and do it! #newpiercing2017
- I’m tired of working for other people, so I’m going to slowly and surely start my own contracting business. Nothing to it but to do it. This has been on my mind for almost a year, gotta set it in action!
- Love has found its way back to me. We are making it work with effort and transparency. I’m happy.
What’s currently rockin’ your world?
What I’m thankful for:
- A heated home
- People who care
- People who show they care
- My mother
- High boots
- Sleeping through the night
- Having insurance
- Music, when I don’t have the words
- A space to call my own
- My thighs
- Fall television.
- You, for partaking in my thoughts.
What are you thankful for this month?